Our Community Impact
- Worked with the board, City of River Falls, and numerous stakeholders for four years and formally broke ground on our Eco Village in River Falls, WI. in the summer of 2012. At the end of 2015, 18 LEED certified, energy efficient, sustainable homes were completed.
- Nominated for and received the 2014 SIPA Building Excellence Award for Affordable Housing.
- Nominated by Habitat for Humanity International, Larry Gluth for the Obama Champions of Change Award for Sustainable practices.
- Furthered our commitment to our Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative by starting our A Brush with Kindness program in spring of 2014.
- At the end of 2015, we have built 66 homes in eleven communities.
- Continued to use the 2008–2014 Strategic Plan as the blueprint governing our organization’s work. Board and staff worked together to adjust the plan for our sustainable building commitment.
- Initiated the HFHI process to combine affiliates into one Strategic Plan for 2014-2018.
- At year’s end, serviced more than 51 loan packages, ensuring that all of the property taxes, sanitation fees, utilities, and property insurance were paid by the St. Croix Valley Habitat families—building community.
- Current families completed their sweat-equity and education classes and purchased their home.
- Administered down payment assistance grants for new homeowners – Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) grants and Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) grants.
- Raised $140,000 from individuals, corporations, faith-based groups and foundations; secured in-kind donations worth more than $50,000; and raised more than $80,000 in house sponsorship revenue.
- Partnered with sponsor groups to build 4 new homes.
- Engaged more than 650 volunteers and 17,000 volunteer hours in our construction, ReStore, Family Services, and office operations. Additionally, AmeriCorps members contributed over 3,000 hours to the Affiliate.
- Launched our monthly update eLetter, reaching over 3,000 stakeholders.
- Launched Pinterest and Twitter accounts to highlight St. Croix Valley Habitat activities, events and sponsors.
- Consistently post events, offerings and powerful stories on Facebook.
- Implemented new site and partner family specific home plan design that are cost-effective to build and meet the standards of existing St. Croix Valley Habitat floor plans for sustainability.
- Posted a year-end net surplus, exceeding our goal for 2013.
- Diverted hundreds of tons of materials from the landfill in 2013, bringing the total amount to more than 6,500 tons since the ReStore opened in 2009
- Launched a Craigslist site, which has increased sales by 15%